CalWORKs Permanent Homeless Assistance

CalWORKs Permanent Homeless Assistance helps families secure their housing or prevent eviction. You may qualify for assistance to pay for your security deposit and last month's rent or up to 2 months of back rent to prevent eviction.

You may be eligible if:

  • you are a recipient of CalWORKs;
  • you are homeless or at risk of eviction;
  • you have less than $100 in cash.

To request Permanent Homeless Assistance, please contact your eligibility worker, come to an Alameda County Social Services Agency office, or call the Customer Service Call Center at 510-263-2420 or 1-888-999-4772.