CalWORKs Temporary Homeless Assistance

CalWORKs Temporary Homeless Assistance helps families pay the costs of temporary shelter. You can receive payments for accommodation for up to 16 days once in a 12-month period.

You may be eligible if:

  • you are a recipient or applicant of CalWORKs;
  • you are homeless;
  • you have less than $100 in cash.

To request Temporary Homeless Assistance, please contact your eligibility worker, come to an Alameda County Social Services Agency office, or call the Customer Service Call Center at 510-263-2420 or 1-888-999-4772.