If there is a problem with your services, you may request a hearing

To file an Appeal for CalFresh, CalWORKs, Medi-Cal, In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS), Foster Care, and Welfare-to-Work Fair Hearings

For further information, see the back of any Notice of Action, telephone your worker, and you may review detailed information at the California Department of Social Services web site, at:

To appoint an authorized representative, include the Authorized Representative Form with your hearing request.

To file an Appeal for General Assistance

Hearing Requests for General Assistance are filed directly with the County.

For detailed information about the General Assistance Appeals Process, please refer to the General Assistance Policies and Regulations Section 90-06.00

Additional Information