Transportation Assistance

Get transportation support to participate in the CalWORKs Welfare-to-Work (WTW) program

What is Transportation Assistance?

If you are a CalWORKs recipient and an active Welfare-to-Work (WTW) participant that is in school, working or in a training program, you may be eligible for transportation assistance. The CalWORKs WTW program can pay for bus passes, Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) fare and other forms of public transportation. In some cases, the CalWORKs WTW program may also pay mileage if you use a car to get to your WTW approved activities.

How to Apply

To learn more about transportation assistance and to find out if you qualify, please call your Employment Counselor (EC).

If you do not know who your EC is, you can call one of the following numbers:

  • North Oakland Self-Sufficiency Center (510) 891-0700
  • Eastmont Self-Sufficiency Center (510) 577-7067
  • South County (includes Eden Area Multi-Service Center , Fremont Office, Livermore Self Sufficiency Center) (510) 670-6225
  • Enterprise Self-Sufficiency Center (510) 639-1090

Frequently Asked Questions