COVID-19 Information and Resources
The Alameda County Social Services Agency (ACSSA) continues to deliver services and keep customers connected with their benefits.
COVID-19 Program Updates and Resources
The Agency continues to provide essential services, including Adult and Aging Services, Children and Family Services, CalFresh, CalWORKs, General Assistance (GA), Refugee Cash Assistance (RCA), Cash Assistance Program for Immigrants (CAPI) and Medi-Cal. The use of telephone, mail, and online services is encouraged for those needing to apply for or renew benefits and services.
Alameda County Social Services Agency Lobbies and Waiting Rooms are Open
Effective April 11, 2022, Alameda County Social Services Agency (ACSSA) lobbies and waiting rooms are open for full service. Our priority is the health and safety of our staff and our customers. Please note that appropriate social distancing and mandatory mask compliance will be enforced.
Effective June 20, 2022, the Eastmont Self-Sufficiency Center lobby and waiting room are open for full service.
Online services and telephone remain the most convenient way to contact the ACSSA. Most ACSSA services are available online and with a MyBenefitsCalWIN account, or by telephone.
Depending on lobby and waiting room capacity limits, the ACSSA may restrict the number of clients allowed in lobbies and client waiting rooms at any given time to ensure proper social distancing and adhere to Alameda County health and safety protocols.
To find a list of application forms by program, click here: Application Forms With Links
In-person services include:
- Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) Card/ Benefits Identification Card (BIC) or check pick-up
- Homeless mail pick-up
- Application and renewal packets for all programs are available for pick-up
- Application and document drop-off
- Eligibility interviews, Social Worker meetings, and mental health assessments
- Employment services, including meeting with the Employment Counselor of the Day
- Applications continue to be available at offices for all benefit programs, and community members may complete, sign and return documents during regular business hours, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.