Children and Family Services
Who We Are
The Department of Children & Family is focused on improving the lives of children and families in Alameda County by serving children and youth who have experienced, or are at risk of experiencing, abuse or neglect.
Our success depends on strong partnerships with families, and our own services are enhanced by our work with a variety of organizations, both public and private.
Our vision is that all children in Alameda County will have the opportunity to grow and develop in a safe, healthy, nurturing and stable home. To reach this goal, we strive to ensure that all children and youth receive all of the support and security that their family can provide.
For all youth in Alameda County, we are committed to improving their outcomes in the following areas:
- Safety - By preventing and responding to the maltreatment of children and youth.
- Permanency - By helping children remain with their family and out of foster care whenever possible, by preserving family relationships and connections for foster youth, and by establishing guardianships and adoptions when it is unsafe for youth to return home.
- Well-Being - By partnering with families as they improve their capacity for meeting their children's physical health, mental health, and educational needs.
Assistant Agency Director
Responding to Suspected Child Abuse or Neglect
- Child Abuse Hotline
- Emergency Response
- Dependency Investigations
- Child Abuse Prevention Council
- Keeping Families Together
- Supporting Families Together
- Providing & Supporting Permanence for Youth