Veterans Affairs Commission – advises and assists the Board of Supervisors on matters relating to veterans and their families as may pertain to meeting their needs for veteran's benefits, housing, food, shelter, transportation, and employment.
- Assist in all veterans' observance days during the year:
• Vietnam War Veterans' Day (29th of March, Annually)
• Armed Forces Day (3rd Saturday in May)
• Memorial Day (Last Monday, May)
• Independence Day (4th of July, Annually)
• Korean War Veterans' Armistice Day (27 July, Annually)
• Navy Day (27th of October, Annually)
• Veterans' Day (11th November, Annually)
- Promote, develop & identify the needs of the veterans and their families;
- Submit recommendations to the Boards of Supervisors regarding programs, plans, goals, policy & procedures dealing with veteran services;
- Review annually the status of veterans' benefits; AND
- Study, investigate & research veterans' matters in Alameda County so that veterans can be coordinated and maximized.
REQUIRED ETHICS TRAINING:
State of California Code Section 53235, AB 1234 Local Agencies: Compensation and Ethics Requirement Mandate [Two (2) hours mandatory online ethics education and training within one (1) year of appointment of commissioners]. Fair Political Practices Commission (FPPC) - Free online training: http://localethics.fppc.ca.gov/login.aspx
To learn more information about meetings, agenda items, etc., please contact the Alameda County Veterans Service Office (CVSO), 510-577-1926 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit our Board of Supervisors' Boards, Commissions & Committees page.