CalWORKs Public Service Trainee Program (CPSTP)
Provides paid job training and internships for CalWORKs recipients seeking permanent employment
What is CalWORKs Public Service Trainee Program (CPSTP)?
- CPSTP is a highly competitive one-year job program, which uses both classroom skill building and on-the-job training to prepare CalWORKs participants for careers in the public and private sectors.
- Selected participants earn $22 an hour as temporary Alameda County Social Services Agency employees.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Currently receiving CalWORKs cash aid in Alameda County
- If the parent/caretaker is no longer receiving cash aid, 1 or more of the children must still be receiving cash aid
- No current or open sanctions by the selection period
- Must possess, at a minimum, a high school diploma or GED
How to participate?
The recruitment and application period begins in March 2021; however, the actual program will begin in October 2021.
- If interested,
- fill out the interest survey (here) to be informed of the next orientation session or
- ask your Employment Counselor for information
- Interested individuals must submit an application, go through the interview process and be slected in order to partcipate.
Questions? Contact our Program
For more information, contact our program at (510) 383-5249 or email firstname.lastname@example.org